Pages

Makeup Brushes

One of my favorite aspects of makeup application is brushes, and I love hearing about other people's favorites and which ones they like to use for what. I thought it would be nice to give you a little tour around my pot of brushes, and talk about which ones I like and perhaps which ones I am not such a fan of. 


The first brush I ever purchased was from Real Techniques, and ever since I have loved their brushes. They are made by Sam and Nic Chapman, who's you tube channel I have watched for a while now and I absolutely love, and the quality of the brushes are amazing and they are so affordable too.  My favorite brushes from there so far have being the brushes from the Core Collection set, which is a lovely 4 piece brush set containing all the basics for a flawless face. The buffing brush is possibly my favorite from the set because it really buffs foundation into your skin, leaving a your skin but better  finish.

Also, for Christmas 2015 they bought out a beautiful 3 piece brush set which included 2 original bold metals range brushes, and 1 limited edition powder brush. My personal fave from this set was the tapered blush brush, because it's just gorgeous and has a beautiful rose gold handle. 

The final real techniques brushes I love are some of the single ones, such as the Expert Face Brush or the retractable kabuki brush. The expert face brush makes blending concealer so quick and easy and you can use it for so many things too, and it was actually my first ever makeup brush! Also the blush brush from the original range I love because it's so soft and fluffy and isn't so dense so leaves a subtle color. 

Another brush brand which I have enjoyed are Makeup Revolution. I purchased a set from them before Christmas last year and the stippling brush works so nicely with cream blushes, not to mention the wonderful lightweight glow it gives when used with foundation. As for the eye brushes, it came with a really nice little fluffy brush which is great for blending eye shadow into the crease and highlighting the brow bone.

These brushes I absolutely love, however I still want to try some other brush brands like Eco tools, and the body shop so if you have any recommendations for different brushes, then feel free to let me know in the comments below. I hope you enjoyed reading this post and it helped you out if you are on the hunt for some new brushes, thanks for reading!



11 comments:

  1. My favourite brushes are definitely real techniques! I love their multitask face brush, as well as their expert face one too! Lovely post!:)xx

    Check out my recent post?
    I'm trying to blog everyday in half term :)
    http://hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/contouring-101.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'll go and ready your latest post now! xx

      Delete
    2. Aw thanks a lot! I appreciate it!?:)

      Check out my blog?
      I'm trying to blog everyday in half term?:)
      http://hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/a-z-blogging-tips.html

      Delete
  2. Lovely post as usual :)

    pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Your blog design & colours are so pretty!xx

    ReplyDelete