Pages

My Go-To Pink/Nude Makeup

Pink is my all time favourite colour, and I love interpreting it into my makeup, so for today's post I am going to share one of my go-to looks, which is this simple and subtle pink/nude makeup look. The look includes semi-matte skin, slightly shimmery eyes and of course a classical pinkish-nude lip, and I have being wearing it allot lately.

Face Makeup

To start of this look I apply a primer, which I only really do if I am going out and need my makeup to last. My primer of choice is the L'Oreal infallible matte primer and I apply this all over my face, but I also focus it on areas like my nose and forehead where I get a little shiny throughout the day. This also leaves your face super silky and smooth ready for foundation.

I then apply my foundation using the Infallible matte foundation which is again from L'Oreal, and blend this in with the real techniques buffing brush. I love using a brush like this for my foundation because I prefer to buff it into my skin rather than use a more dense brush to get full coverage. Sometimes I leave the base there, but if foundation isn't quite cutting it I will apply my collection lasting perfection concealer on spots and blemishes and under my eyes.

The one step I couldn't possibly forget is powder. If you are familiar with oily skin, then you might find powder as important as I do (or I am just too paranoid about my extremely shiny nose). I like to use the Rimmel Clear Complexion powder because it doesn't go too cakey anywhere on my skin but keeps me nice and matte.

Once my base makeup is done, I like to pop some bronzer mostly in the hollows of my cheeks just to give my face slightly more definition. Recently I have being using a Makeup Revolution fluffy contour brush along with my benefit Hoola bronzing powder and I find a fluffy brush works allot better than the dense kabuki I was using before. I then add some colour to my cheeks with the Benefit dandelion blush and I actually use the brush that comes with it for application. I wouldn't normally use these kind of brushes but I actually really like this one.

To finish the face makeup I use my current favorite product which my friend Holly gave me (check out her blog here) and it's a limited edition no7 shimmer palette. This is like fairy dust crushed into a powder and it's gorgeous on the cheek bones, brow bone and anywhere else you like to highlight. 


Eyes


For brows I recently have being going super simple and just applying some clear brow gel. I am actually on the hunt for a new brow product so if there's anything you recommend then please let me know.

Then onto my favorite part -the eyes. This look only uses the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette, but if you want a good dupe for this that's far cheaper then head over to Makeup Revolution. I've heard so many good things about their Naked 3 dupe and comparing the shades, there's close to no difference between the two.

Anyway, I begin by taking the shade strange and applying it all over the lid. This is a fairly matte cream shade which I always apply under my eye shadow and in the inner corner to highlight. I then take some of dust and apply all over the lid, and I repeat with the shade burnout as dust comes out as nothing but pure shimmer, and isn't so good on it's own. I then simply finish with the shade liar in the crease, which is a neutral beige shade. I blend it all out and BOOM, eye shadow done!

Eyes wouldn't be eyes without a few coats of mascara, and my preference is the Benefit Bad Gal lash. I actually prefer this over many mascara's I have tried, other than the Rimmel Scandal eyes as the two are very similar (another good dupe). 

Lips

I always always always have to apply lip balm straight before lipstick, I don't know why but it's mandatory for me. I usually go with something colorless, but super moisturizing, such as the Vaseline cocoa butter lip therapy. Then I apply some of Mac's Angel lipstick, which is a gorgeous, pinky-nude, cream sheen lipstick with tiny hints of shimmer. If I want to go super matte I apply some face powder over the top, but I find that can be quite drying so it doesn't always happen.



And this is what the finished look turns out like. I hope you enjoyed this post, and thank you very very much for reading! X




8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous look! I love your blog so much - you're very pretty xx

    Check out my recent?

    www.royallyrouge.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, that's such a lovely thing to say, Ill go and read your post now! Xx

      Delete
  2. You look so beautiful in this makeup look! Your blog is so lovely, and the picture quality is out of this world! Literally. No lie haha xx
    Check out my recent?
    www.hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, that's such a nice thing to say and it means allot! Xxxx I'll go check out your recent :)

      Delete
  3. Really great blog post, especially because I love all things pink. Just followed your blog so I can be up to date with all your posts, would love if you could follow back!!
    www.jessannsmyth.com

    ReplyDelete